We’ve been listening to your feedback about heavier duty cargo situations, and are working on a more powerful system. Check in with us about it on Facebook.
The image below comes from Dan O’Leary who defiantly gets the prize for being the most innovative customer this month. He is using his Hill Topper equipped electric bike to tow his golf clubs to the gam. We hope you get a hole in one Dan!!!!
920 S. Holgate St #106 Seattle, WA 98134
George Schnakenberg curated and built the Sleeper Bike to illustrate the simplicity that alternative energy vehicles could embody. It is built on a Sutro frame from Mission Bicycles. I created a hand-built leather battery bag and accessories, utilising a readily available electric bike kit from Clean Republic as the base. The bike is lightweight, easy to ride, and simple to use. Devoid of the bulky looking controls and appendages that often plague electric bikes, this bike fits seamlessly into the user’s daily life. The high torque motor assists the user up any hill San Francisco can dish out.
Fits commonly found Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) UB1280 form factor, but with significant weight, lifecycle and cost advantages.
Made in the USA by Clean Republic technicians, the CR1210 Bamboo Lithium Battery uses an innovative production technique to provide twice the battery power of a comparably sized SLA battery at half the weight. Additionally, this battery will last 5X longer to comparable SLA batteries! No longer do you need to be weighed down by heavy SLA “brick” batteries, for your 12V power needs. The Bamboo battery is an easy to use replacement for your bulky 12V SLA batteries. Works with any electronic device that uses a comparable battery size form factor, typically found on electric scooters, wheel chairs, home security systems, Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) – anything that uses a 12V SLA battery.
- Discharge: 20A max continuous, 60A max 2-second pulse. 8v max discharge, 11v max recommended discharge. For longest lifetime recommended discharge rate 1-5Amps
- Charge: 10A max, 14v max recommended, 15v max. Compatible with most SLA chargers, use recommended Clean Republic charger for max performance, sold separately.
- Operating temps: Much better than SLA or other lithium’s, -20’F min, +120’F max recommended environmental operating temps.
- Capacity: 10Ah rated up to 80% capacity for 2,000 cycles in recommended conditions. Last longer than comparable SLA, which typically have 500 cycles.
- Safe, fire resistant internal construction, stable, reliable LiFePO4 chemistry with proven production and market history. “Multiple fail-safe architecture” combines three layers of overlapping safety features including inherently stable chemistry, fireproof internal materials, and multiple heat-activated electrical shutoffs.
- 151x65x95mm form factor
What’s not to love?
High performance – Double the power for half the weight – 5x longer lifecycle
Easily adaptable – Fits any electronic that uses comparable 12V SLA type batteries
Bamboo Casing – Environmentally friendly, and a unique feature of beauty
Designed and assembled in the USA – Creates American jobs
Need more power? You can combine the batteries into a series for 24 or 36 volts. For example you can run 3 batteries in series and 3 parallel for your portable power needs.
The casing is made of high strength bamboo wood – a unique feature not found on any comparable battery. Each battery is environmentally friendly and easily disposed of, compared to our competition that uses harmful plastics.
Precision engineered and constructed by Clean Republic technicians based in the USA, these batteries are not only extremely functional, but the most beautiful battery available. Why shouldn’t a battery be beautiful as well as functional?
Best yet, the Bamboo Lithium Battery by Clean Republic is themost cost competitive battery available. We offer bulk quantity discounts.
Electric Bike Report was the first independent company to do a review of the Hill Topper electric bike kit. You can read the full review on their website. Here is a picture that they took of the Hill Topper kit installed on a fixie bicycle. There is also a picture of our new low profile on/off switch.